St. Joseph Hospital
Date Posted: 06/09/16
El Camino Hospital in Mountain View, situated in the heart of Silicon Valley, offers acute care and comprehensive healthcare services, and is consistently recognized as one of the best hospitals in the area.
El Camino Hospital has an opening for a Coordinator for Clinical Pastoral Education. This position teaches pastoral care to clergy and others through a multicultural and interfaith experience that uses real-life ministry encounters to improve the ministry and pastoral care provided by caregivers of all different faiths and cultural backgrounds. The coordinator collaborates with hospital staff, spiritual care volunteers, and students to meet the religious/spiritual/emotional needs of patients, their families, and staff through direct interventions or through community resources.
1.Master of Divinity (or equivalent)
2. Clinical Membership in the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. (ACPE) or certification as an ACPE CPE Supervisor or ACPE Supervisory Candidate (or be positioned to receive - Supervisor –in- Training status within 9 months of hire).
3. Ecclesiastic endorsement
4. Ordination (or equivalent)
5. Experience providing pastoral care in a healthcare setting
6. Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written and oral)
7. Experience in service with a faith community
8. Previous experience coordinating volunteers preferred
9. Demonstrated ability to establish good working relationships with individuals who represent a broad and diverse spectrum of the community
10. Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary setting to provide spiritual support to patients and families representing diverse cultures and religious traditions
Reference job #050873
Date Posted: 11/04/15
Yuma Regional Medical Center
Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC) in Yuma, Arizona is seeking an Educator Certified by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. (ACPE). The Educator will join the Spiritual Care team working collaboratively with the Director of Spiritual Care and three Staff Chaplains.
YRMC is accredited by ACPE, for Level I, Level II and Supervisory Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE). This endowed, accredited program has been strongly supported by the community and hospital for more than 25 years.
This position will have primary responsibility for the ACPE program although it may be negotiated for the Educator to also be the Director of the Department. The Educator will develop, manage and supervise full-time CPE units in a program with five Spiritual Care Residents. The Residents and other members of the Spiritual Care team provide spiritual care to patients, families, staff and physicians at this 400+ bed medical center that includes an acute care tertiary hospital, mother and child hospital, a new Cancer Center and many outpatient facilities. Spiritual Care is deeply integrated into the care teams of the Medical Center. YRMC is located in the center of Yuma, and is the only hospital in the county and employs 2,300 medical professionals. It has grown rapidly and is currently building a new and greatly expanded Emergency Department.
Qualifications required: Associate or Full Certification with ACPE.
The Educator must have the ability to work well as a team member with other top level healthcare professionals.
• Yuma is the sunniest place on earth
• Located on the Colorado River, inland water sports are readily available
• The desert southwest has arguably the best fall, winter and spring weather in the country
• It is the winter lettuce capital of the world
• Much of the winter produce (a lot of it organic) in supermarkets across the U.S. is grown in Yuma
Date Posted: 07/20/15
UCLA Health System
Santa Monica’s first seeks the very best.
UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, the city’s first hospital, has evolved to become one of the top hospitals in the Los Angeles area, delivering world-class patient care to a diverse and dynamic community. Our newly renovated campus is a cornerstone of UCLA Health. It features 266 inpatient beds and provides a holistic, patient-focused environment. If you share our commitment to the very best care, we invite you to join us in Santa Monica.
ACPE Supervisor and Manager – Spiritual Care Services
In this position, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the Spiritual Care Department and Clinical Pastoral Education Programs at UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. From the management of assigned budgets and staff, to the resolution of spiritual/religious issues, your work will help ensure the cost-effective delivery of high-quality spiritual care services. Bring your talents to our tight-knit team, and make a big impact on patients’ lives, our medical center and your career.
To qualify, you must be an experienced ACPE-certified Supervisor or Associate Supervisor with an M.Div. degree or its equivalent. Additional requirements include ordination and endorsement by a faith group, previous experience as a chaplain, and prior managerial experience.
THE BENEFITS OF BELONGING
As a valued full-time member of our staff, you’ll enjoy outstanding benefits, including health, dental and vision plans that begin on your first day and a retirement plan that is one of the best in the nation. You will also receive 13 paid holidays and 15 vacation days beginning your first year. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
Date Posted: 02/26/15